An easy way to use up leftover wax and make a beautiful and unique candle.
You Will Need:
- Wax Cut-outs (See Pillar Embellishment Tutorial)
- Pre-Tabbed Wick (of the appropriate size for your cut-outs)
When you make your wax cut-outs to embellish a pillar candle, you should have quite a few leftover shapes. If not, you can follow steps 1-5 of the Pillar Candle Embellishment Tutorial to create the shapes.
1. Simply thread a pre-tabbed wick through the hole in each of your wax shapes and push all the way down onto the wick tab.
2. Arrange the shapes as desired. You can align them for a straight shape, or twist them for a spiral look.
3. For better adhesion between the layers, you can melt the top of each shape with a heat gun and press down with each new shape.
When you have used up all of your wax shapes, trim your wick to about 1/4″ and enjoy!
Leave a Reply