Cute, functional, summertime soaps!
You Will Need:
- Clear Glycerine Melt & Pour Soap Base
- White Glycerine (or other opaque) Melt & Pour Soap Base
- Oval Soap Mold (or soap mold of your choice)
- Watermelon Fragrance Oil
- Allura Red Liquid Colorant
- Apple Green Pop! Mica
- Poppy Seeds
- Microwave Safe Measuring Cup
1. Cut your Clear Glycerine Soap Base into chunks and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted. Add Allura Red Liquid Colorant (using liquid instead of powdered dye helps maintain clarity of the clear glycerine) and Watermelon Fragrance Oil as desired.
Tip: We used about 20-25 drops of Allura Red Liquid Colorant per pound of soap base to achieve such a bright, vibrant red color.
2. Allow the soap base to cool to approximately 125 degrees Fahrenheit while stirring occasionally. At this temperature, stir in poppy seeds until they are evenly dispersed and quickly pour the soap into the mold to about 3/4 full. The poppy seeds add to the visual “watermelon” look, and also give gentle exfoliation.
3. In order to keep the poppy seeds suspended in the soap, you may wish you accelerate the cooling process by either placing a fan in front of the mold or placing the mold in a cookie sheet full of cold water before you pour the soap. Once the soap is green pour somewhat firm, you can move the mold to the refrigerator to finish cooling.
4. Once the soaps are completely cool, score the tops of the soaps with a fork to aid in adhesion between layers.
5. Prepare your White Glycerine Soap Base in the microwave and add Watermelon Fragrance Oil and Apple Green Pop! Mica as desired. Pour to the tops of each mold and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove the soaps from the mold.
6. To remove the soaps from the mold, press down firmly on the mold with your thumbs until the soap begins to release. If you have difficulty removing the soaps, try placing them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes and then try again.