Fun, simple, and practical, these lotion bars make a great summer project.
What You Will Need:
- 1/4 lb. Ecosoya Container Blend 135
- 1 lb. White Bees Wax (or Yellow)
- 1 lb. 100% Vegetable Oil
- Bath & Body Colorant (Powdered colorants only.)
- Bath & Body Safe Fragrance Oil (We used Summer Orange Flower)
- Soap Mold of Choice (We used the Handmade Soap Mold Tray)
- 4 lb Pouring Pitcher
2. Using a double boiler, melt together 1 lb White Bees Wax, 1 lb Vegetable Oil, and 1/4 lb Ecosoya CB 135 in your pouring pitcher, stirring until they are completely melted together. The temperature of this mixture should be at about 165-170 degrees F.
Tip: Yellow Bees Wax can also be used, with no color or fragrance oil for a natural bar.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to about 145 degrees F.
5. Slowly and carefully pour the mixture into your soap mold. Allow it to cool completely before attempting to remove from the mold.
6. Remove the bars from the mold by pressing down gently with your thumbs. If you have trouble removing the soap, try placing the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 10-15 minutes and try again.
7. If you are using a tray mold like we did, carefully cut the bar into smaller bars using a knife or soap cutter. Use a knife to shave off any messy edges.
How to use your lotion bar:
Let the warmth of your hand melt a little of the bar and rub into your dry skin. Effective for trouble areas such as hands, feet, elbows, knees, etc.