Learn how to make these cute Melt & Pour layered soaps in just a few easy steps!
You Will Need:
- Any Melt & Pour Soap Bases
- Your favorite fragrances and colors
- Soap mold
- Fork or skewers for scoring
- Microwave safe glass measuring cup
*For this project, you can use any combination of soap bases and skin-safe fragrances and colors.
1. Prepare your soap for the first layer. This layer will be the top part of your soap. Cut the soap into chunks and microwave in the measuring cup in 30 second increments until melted. Stir in your fragrance and color.
2. Fill your mold halfway up if you are making two layers, or 1/3 of the way if you are making three layers.
3. Allow the first layer to cool completely before moving on. Once it is completely cool, score the soap lengthwise with a fork or skewers. This helps the different layers of soap to adhere to each other better.
4. Repeat these steps for your next layers. Do not score the final layer. Once the soaps are completely cool, simply pop them out of the mold. If they do not release easily, try putting them in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes and try again.
Tip: Try mixing and matching clear and opaque soap bases for a unique look.
Thank you for the great tip! My layers do not stick well and I have to take them apart and try again almost every time. I did not know about scoring previously until I read a post for a M&P group I joined when another member was asking about it. I am going to try this scoring technique tomorrow.